Purpose for Collection and Use of Personal Health Information (PHI)
We collect, use, and disclose PHI only for the purposes of identifying the appropriate service needs as well as:
- Collecting relevant information contained in the records maintained by the organizations associated with The Access Point Northwest.
- Making referrals to the associated agencies for services, and to fulfill other purposes required or permitted by law.
- Sending this application to any agencies that will be providing services.
- Disclosing the PHI to a person or organization other than those associated without consent in limited circumstances required by law, such as emergencies of child welfare concerns.
- Use of de-identified PHI about applicants to plan and deliver services, for program evaluation, for statistical purposes, and for reporting to our funders.
If there are any questions or concerns about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer with The Access Point Northwest at (807)-683-8200. If there are still concerns, please contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at 1400-2 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8, (416) 326-3333.